Floral Birthday

Hi there,

I don't know about you but I am always in need of Birthday cards for women!  I really needed to make some so this one fits the bill!

I decided to dig out my Inktense watercolor pencils.  I haven't used them in a while.  I had seen a video on the GinaK Youtube channel using flowers and Strathmore Bristol smooth surface paper. So I headed on down to Hobby Lobby with my 40% off coupon and purchased a pad.

I stamped the image with Hero Arts shadow ink in Charcol. A sort of no line coloring but with the watercolors you can still see them but a little lighter. The ink is waterproof so it worked well. Then I splattered with Gansai Tambi Starry Colors in yellow gold and White gold. Then let dry and added sentiment.  The Stamp set is from Concord & 9th You're My Person set. I've had it a while.

I will say the paper performed very well.  Didn't warp but I was careful not to oversaturate the paper.  Die cut is from Mama Elephant All Prettied Up set. I also added a little sparkle with Stickles and Nuvo Drops and a little twine and done.

I think its always fun to dig out some supplies you haven't used in a while or re-visit a technique to get the creative juices flowing!


Happy stamping and coloring!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS