His First Love

Happy Friday everyone!

I colored up some images this week and thought I would share this one.  It's one of the digi's I won this month from Squigglefly.  My bother-in-law's birthday was yesterday, sorry this is going to be late.
Anyway, he has a truck just like this one!!!  And although he probably doesn't go out to the garage and actually hug his truck he does keep very good care of it.  Covers it even in the garage, it has lots of chrome and is very loud! So he should appreciate this one!  I colored it red just like his. Guy cards are always a challenge for me but this was too easy! Love when that happens. Check out Squigglefly!  They have a lot of great images!

What I used to create this card:
Digi:  His First Love- Squigglefly
DP: Hot Off the Press Steampunk paper pack
Memory Box die Happy Script, LaLa Land die Steampunk Corner
gears Bead Landing Michaels
hammer brad Eyelet Outlet
Silver stickers Tim Holtz Industrious Stickers,
Distress inks black soot, vintage photo
pearls Kaisercraft

Copics used
C1, C3, C5, E11,E34,E37, E40, E42, E44, E50, E51, E55, E57, 
E59, E74, YG91, YG93, YG95, R24, R27, R29, R59, B91, B93, B95.

Challenges:
Penny's Paper-Crafty challenge #174- One for the boys
Make My Monday challenge - Distress it
Creative Fingers Challenge #33- Anything Goes


A closer look

Happy coloring!



6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! What a great masculine card.....beautifully colored too! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Barb! I love that image and it's colored beautifully, awesome diamond plate paper too! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, this is great. Love the image and your story. If he covers it in the garage, he may secretly hug it without people knowing. lol. Guy cards are hard for me as well. Love how you added the chrome looking items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was the best card ever for Gary! He really likes it, especially since you have his truck on there. Great job sis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, great image and amazing coloring.
    Great masculine card.
    Thank you for joining us at STB this week.
    Hugs, Marzena, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! That image made me laugh :) And I love your colouring too! Great card. Thanks for playing along this week at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS