Happy New Year!

Well it's a new year once again.  Hope you all had a safe and Happy New Year's eve.  We usually stay home and celebrate.  Here is a card I created that is really easy!  This is an idea I got from Vicki at Splitcoast Stampers yesterday for their Color challenge. She used acetate to create the outside of her card.  I looked through my stash of Hambley overlays (this Company closed about a yr ago) and found one with a clock on it, my last one.  I love these overlays!  So I stamped Happy New Year and the date on the front, used paper from my stash, added a little bling and silver string. Done and very easy!  So why don't you look through your stash, I bet you have some kind of acetate or overlays in there!  Here's to a crafty New Year!

I am entering this card in a few challenges this week as follows:
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/ challenge- Something New
http://creativecraftchallenges2.blogspot.com challenge - Anything Goes
http://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.com challenge - Anything Goes
http://lilredwagon.blogspot.com challenge #218 - New Beginnings
http://tuesdaymorningsketches.blogspot.com Sketch #130 - Annual Anything Goes
http://shoppingourstash.blogspot.com challenge #132 - use the last of something
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com challenge - Choose your own challenge- new beginnings
http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com challenge #130 - Anything but holiday
http://chocolatecoffeecards.blogspot.com challenge #55 - New Beginnings





13 comments:

  1. Happy crafty new year and all the best for 2014! Your card is stunning! The overlay with the clock is perfect and I love the row of bling. Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!
    Cheers!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful New Year's card! Love the clock image and the black/white color combo is very elegant! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches, please come back and share with us soon! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Barb, so glad you shared it with us over at Little Red Wagon this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card you have created! Love the simplicity and it turned out stunning. Thank you for playing along with us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards.

    Nadja DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barbara! What a pretty New Year's card. I love the clock image (reminds me of my childhood because my grandparents had a similar clock on their wall), and I also love the silver glimmer touches.

    I'd like to invite you to stop by Word Art Wednesday to play along in our challenges. We have weekly challenges with AWESOME prizes each week, and our theme is always a family-friendly Anything Goes. I would be delighted to have you share with us!

    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that clock!! Beautiful card!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice card! Your clock image is amazing and I love the chevron background paper! Thanks so much for sharing with us at HIMCR this week!

    Emily - Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Barb :-) the clock image and overlay are fabulous ! I love the monochromatic look and CAS design too :-)

    Happy New Year and thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenges
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year...what a beautiful card. I love that clock and your bling, so fun for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card! The clock image is just AMAZING . . . and I love the CAS design of it, too. Thanks for joining us at Hiding In My Craft Room for our "Anything BUT a holiday" challenge. Hope to see you join us again soon!!! (and Good Luck!!!)

    Kathy HIMCR DT
    UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Barb! Fabulous New Year's Card creation! I really like the clock, and the color palette is simply perfect! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving that clock!! Great card! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Papertake Weekly, and hope you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous monochrome card. It looks so elegant x Thank you for joining us over at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenge x
    Little Pear Tree

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS